12.01.2012

Thankful Thoughts Vol. 5: Friends

Before I get started I have to admit to you that I am writing this while I am sitting on the ground in my apartment literally right next to my heater. I can't move from this spot or I will turn into a frozen person and perish. Oh, Paris.

So, moving abroad has made me think long and hard about a lot of things in my life and about the world the live in. Friendship has been one of the biggest. Moving away from all your friends will really show you who is true and who maybe is not. Not that these people are bad but the truth is that people grow apart and even though its awful to drift, that relationship will be a part of you in some way for the rest of your life.

I am thankful to have such incredible friends and even more thankful that I only have a few BEST ones. Those girls that I know, without a doubt, will be there with me forever. I might not have seen a lot of them for almost a year but I love them so much and am so blessed to have friendships that can stand the distance. We make each other laugh for days, listen to each other's silly problems and really stand by each other when things get tough. We accept each other's weird habits and stupid moments and don't really question it because we understand. Together, we can conquer the world.

I can't wait to see them all in just a few short weeks.

Manda and I are counting down until she can tackle me at the airport...I'm preparing myself.



Brit and I are anxiously awaiting a long overdue sleepover.



Megan and I have a full calendar of events coming up next year...can we do it all?!



Erin and I will be enjoying our American delicacies together and thinking of our homes in Europe.


Nicole and I have so much to catch up on. I can't wait for our date!


I can't wait to see these girls and all my other lovely friends. A year brings a lot of changes: new jobs, new homes, new engagements, travels! We have a lot to catch up on.

Now I just have to convince Ashley to come to Cali!



Thank you girls for being my soul mates and making my life full of fun, excitement, silliness and love and sharing such amazing memories with me. I love you!!!



2 comments:

  1. I know that feeling...time and distance make friendships stronger. Especially the ones meant to stand the test of time. So happy you get to see all of your loved ones soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! I just caught up on your recent posts and I LOVED this! I love you Pea! I know we've only known each other a few years, but I feel like its been for ever! I know we'll be forever friends and I can't wait to start our life plan :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci Beaucoup!